I recently celebrated my 31st birthday. And like most birthdays lately, I didn’t do a party or anything to “celebrate.” My birthday to me has become at least at this moment, just another day for me. And it is not that I don’t want to celebrate with much fanfare because if it happen, I wouldn’t say no. But I rather have a small gathering of family of family and friends over some good food and drink. And I did have that and I got some 100+ greeting throughout the day which was awesome! Thank you to you all. I’m grateful for the well wishes.
But enough about me, I would like to give you a gift since you all have had a part in my life. Here is some things I have learned over the last 31 years. You may have heard some of these before and some you my not have but all of these things together have paved my path in life and lead me to where I am today.
Here are 31 Life Lessons I have Learned so far. Note: They are not in any particular order.
1. Treat people the way that you want to be treated.
2. Travel often.
3. Always share with others.
4. Listen to your parents, they are only doing their best and what they know from experience.
5. Our Teachers are the real heroes. Say Thank you!
6. Treat EVERYONE the same.
7. Be polite.
8. Nurture a good set of friends. Those will be the ones that will stand by you when you are at your worst.
9. Take good care for yourself. You can only care for others if you care for yourself.
10. Learn to eat.
11. Always feed your curiosity.
12. Be spontaneous.
13. Always carry a camera with you.
14. Always carry a notebook and pen with at all times. And keep one at your bedside.
15. Reach and share.
16. Support local businesses. They are the places where you will find opportunities that you didn’t know existed.
18. Learn how to make a good cup of coffee.
19. Learn how to tell a story.
20. Make “me time” a priority.
21. Follow your gut, always.
22. Never stop learning.
23. Be truthful to yourself.
24. Find a hobby and always find time to do it.
25. Speak up.
26. A hand written note is always better than a email or text message.
27. Always ask questions.
28. Keep a journal.
29. Be open minded.
30. Learn to cook.
31. Design your life, business, career, and etc to MAKE YOU HAPPY.